Ice Cream Sandwiches
Nothing says summer more than ice cream, so we've got the perfect accompaniment to make yummy ice cream sandwiches 😋 They're super simple and can be prepped and chilled in advance, ready to bake them whenever you're ready.
300g plain flour
240g light brown sugar
80g caster sugar
220g soft unsalted butter
300g chocolate chips
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp bicarb
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
- Cream together your light brown sugar, caster sugar and butter until it's lightened in colour and fluffy
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract until they are combined
- Add your dry ingredients (except chocolate) until it forms a dough
- Fold in the chocolate
- Roll the dough into 45-50g balls (you should end up with around 24)
- Chill the dough in the fridge for at least 2 hours, or pop them in the freezer until you're ready to bake them another day
- Bake the chilled dough in a preheated oven at 170fan for 12 minutes
- Once the cookies have cooled, sandwich some cookie in the middle and enjoy!
Keep an eye out for your next newsletter where we'll be sharing the recipe for no churn ice cream to fill the sandwich!